Hawaiians used the sacred red clay as a dye in purification ceremonies and as a way to heal broken bones and remove poisons thru the skin; It was even eaten as a nutrient supplement. Today, Pelotherapy (or healing using earth, clays, and muds) is an accepted practice at spas and wellness centers to promote physical health, enhance healing, remove toxins and to produce glowing external beauty.
It has been known for centuries that clays & muds have healing properties and many people have enjoyed mud baths to remove impurities from the skin, to relieve aches and pains including arthritic pain, and for its anti aging effects on the skin.
- Packs: Mud or Clay is taken from the earth,mixed with warm water so that it becomes a smooth paste. It is allowed to cool, and then spread on a strip of cloth.
- Baths: Mud bath covers the whole body. A mud bath is to just cover yourself directly with the earthy minerals. Many people frolic in mud puddles in groups to get maximum enjoyment and benefit out of a mud bath.
- Treatment: A Mud treatment detoxifies the skin, increases blood circulation, purifies skin and is an anti-aging treatment.
- Parafango Packs: It not only soothes the muscle but also reduces localized swelling around the joints. Parafango pack contains volcanic mineral ash, extract of the seaweed and paraffin in it.
- Masks: This type of mud face treatment helps in treating skin blemishes as a part of anti-aging treatment.